Friday 23 December 2011

Buono! PVs for Hastukoi Cider and DEEP MIND

Hatsukoi Cider


We start off with an Airi solo. While her voice is technically good I feel it lacks warmth, if that makes sense. (She could do with some more vibrato). There at lot of things in this that remind me of other music videos. For example, the set reminds me of Perfumes 'Nee', the section from 1.00-1.10 is reminiscent of The Ting Ting's 'Shut up and let me go' and there and 'see through floor' bits that make me think of Renai Revolution 21. The colour contrast between the pink outfits and the monochrome set make this PV simple and effective. Thumbs up!

DEEP MIND


The video for DEEP MIND is very simple and the girls basically just stand and sing. However the lighting and camerawork is infact very very good for a H!P music video. I much prefer this song to Hatsukoi Cider. There is something about the song that is very intruiging. While I'm listening all I can really think is "where are they going with this?" that is similar to what I thought when I heard songs like Morning Musume's 'THE Manpower' and Tanpopo's 'Motto' for the first time. Interestingly there doesn't seem to be any form of guitar solo, which is unusual for a Buono song. There is however, a section with a great use of autotune which acts as a great replacement for an intsrumental solo. Overall, two thumbs up!!

No comments:

Post a Comment