Tuesday 6 March 2012

"Fans" can be mighty stupid sometimes . . .

As probably anyone in the fandom, in close contact with the fandom or breathing the same air as the fandom probably already knows, there has been a incident involving some rather rude T-ara "fans" (I use the term lightly).

For those who haven't seen the story, here, here.

As anybody who has read comments on any k-pop youtube video (and a fair few j-pop ones) will know, k-pop fans can be, well, slightly mental. Can I just clarify now that this does not refer to all k-pop fans and to those of you with common sense and some form of sanity, I feel genuinely sorry for you. It is hard to have the reputation of a fan community dragged down because of a few incompetent individuals.

One thing that struck me about the whole Berryz/T-ara incident (apart from the bit about people hating on two of the cutest girls on the planet of course) is that I can't see what these so-called fans thought they would get out of abusing a couple of innocent girls. They did nothing but bring a bad name on the fandom and despite what Joan Jett may say, people do give a damn about a bad reputation. I am less tempted into the fandom because of these kind of fans. People completely blinded by their k-pop love who never think about what they are doing to the reputation of the girls they claim to love so dearly, not to mention using death threats against people who have never done anything wrong.

I sincerely wish that fans of Hello! Project have more common sense than this vocal minority of T-ara fans. I really feel ashamed when I see people who claim to be H!P fans hating on any of the girls and then using "it's okay because I'm a fan" ticket out. I remember things like this disgusting me when I was just discovering the group (still do). To see these people say such horrible things about other groups is something I hope I never have to witness.

Berryz Koubou (and their new single's covers) are great and no-one should say otherwise!


2 comments:

  1. I want to see that incident.

    Any video to watch ????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not that I know of. Sorry.
      However, if I remember correctly, it was being recorded for some sort of tv special.

      Delete