Monday 12 September 2011

30 Day Hello! Project Idol Challenge - Day 30

After the sudden news of Kago Ai I decided to put this post off until today.

Day 30 - Why Kath Loves Hello! Project


There are many reasons why I love Hello! Project, such as  . . . .

The Music
For many people the musical element of idols doesn't even register as an important factor. For me it is one of the most important things. Before I got to know the girls in any detail it was the music that drew me in. I was amazed that your standard manufactured Japanese pop groups appeared to get some decent songs thrown at them. As someone who grew up listening to the charts in Britain, which were plagued with girl bands throughout the early-mid 2000s (when I was at primary school) I love that fun pop sound. That sound has been missing for a while over here (especially since Girls Aloud vanished) and I having been getting my (over)dose of pop music from Japan for the last couple of years. However a lot of Hello! Project's music not just fun but actually very good. Can anyone seriously tell me that Shouganai Yume Oibito and Shabondama are anything but pretty damn good? Tsunku has some epic skills in composition. (The arrangers usually do a good job too.)

The Girls
The girls in Hello! Project never fail to put a smile on my face. The antics and over the top reactions of the girls are always very entertaining and are very enjoyable to watch. The diverse personalities and characters of Hello! Project create something incredbile when put together, something you don't really see outside of the idol world.

Aswell as the personality side of things many of the girls are truely gifted performers. Recently I saw the performance of 'How do you Like Japan' from the 2010 Pika Pika tour and was astonished at the amount of sheer presense the girls had. Even the idols of Hello! Project who aren't techincally the best singers such as Risako, Captain or Sayu all have their own way of leaving an impression.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment