Monday 26 September 2011

Has liking idols changed my idea of good music?

Recently I have been saying things that surprise me (and everyone else around me). A few weeks ago I was listening to Maki Goto's great album 'How to Use Sexy' and on the track 'Glass no Pumps' I noticed a small sound effect and thought "I have heard that before". After a few days of brain-racking I figured out that it came from an Atomic Kitten track. I am hesitant to say this as it is now incredibly embarresing but when I was younger I was slightly obsessed with Atomic Kitten. Anyway, I dug out their cds and listened to the album 'Right Now' in order to find the mysterious sound. As I was listening I realised, "I still kinda like this. It's not that bad".

In other "what's happened to my musical taste" moments recently I declared that Girls Aloud had "a load of great songs thrown at them" and that Diana Vicker's 2010 single Once "wasn't half bad".

I have now got to the point at which I believe good music is good music and I am not rooted to one genre. I like all sorts of music such as classical, romantic, jazz, pop, rock, indie etc.
Although I don't plan to go around shouting it on the streets, that would damage what little reputation I have left, I have no problem with liking songs such as this:


Then again, I also like this:


Don't judge me!! XD

No comments:

Post a Comment