Tuesday 23 August 2011

Joshi Kashimashi Monogatari - It's a Love/Hate Thing

Recently, I bought Morning Musume's album 'Rainbow 7'. One of the first I looked at when I had freed it from the envelope was the tracklisting. I went through the tracks mumbling opinions of the songs that I knew,"Epic, weird, catchy, awesome . . ." , until I came to the last track. Then what I said was, "Another Joshi Kashimashi Monogatari! This song is way past it's sell by date!" My reaction surprised even myself a little. I am a fan of the original so why would I not want more!

Why I love Joshi Kashimashi Monogatari
  
1.  I love the song. It is fun and catchy.

2.  The lyrics of the first version are great.   Entertaining and (slightly) informative

3.  The music video is fun to watch and creative (at least compared to most H!P MVs).

4.  The concept is brilliant and helped me learn how to tell who was who when I was new to the fandom.




Why I Hate Joshi Kashimashi Monogatari

1.  Versions 2 and 3 were unnesseccary. There hadn't been enough changes in lineup to make it worth doing.

2.  Some of the lyrics are tedious. Do I really need to know that Yossy can't park?

3.  The remixes are annoying. All this "Kussumi, Kussumi. Kussumi, Kussumi" rubbish drives me insane.

    So, after all this I have discovered that it is not JKM itself that I hate, just it's various reincarnations!

No comments:

Post a Comment